Aims & Values
At Tweedmouth Community Middle School, we aim to provide a safe, happy, responsible, well-ordered community in which children can learn and be valued as individuals.
To achieve this we will help pupils to...
- Develop lively, enquiring minds, with the ability to question and challenge rationally
- Develop self-reliance, self motivation, self confidence and self-esteem
- Acquire knowledge and skills relevant to subsequent stages in their education, adult life and work.
- Help children achieve a wide experience and knowledge and understand, the world in which they live, including the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations
- Appreciate human achievements and aspirations
- Think outside of personal limitations and to always look for a positive approach to seek the tools to achieve and enjoy success
- To promote sports and a competitive mental approach to taking part, winning, trying hard, improving and dedication
- To nurture the personal aspirations of individual goals and recognise achievements
- To teach the importance of team work and the value of collective minds, co-operation and trust
- Develop appropriate relationships with other children and adults
- Promote good behaviour within agreed and understood rules
- Encourage pupils to learn to value and be valued as individuals, In this way we seek to work with parents and carers to fulfil each child's intellectual, spiritual, moral, cultural and social development
- To be responsible and reflect on one's own actions & emotions
- To care for every child in our school
At Tweedmouth Community Middle School we Practice the RESPECT code of conduct - to help us remind ourselves of how we should approach our school life every day.
Be Responsible for your actions.
Show Effort and enthusiasm.
Support our School community
Take Pride in your school and your work
Be Equipped - Have the right tools
Come to school with a positive attitude
Take care of everyone and everything